Ansley Park / Sherwood Forest
- Ansley Park features primarily single family homes dating from 1905, prices range from $650,000 to 3 million plus.
- Sherwood Forest features primarily custom ranch homes dating from the 1950s on very spacious lots, plus a tremendous amount of high-end new construction, prices range from $550,000 to 2 million plus.
- Some condos and townhomes, both historic and newer construction, prices can start under $200,000 for a smaller condo.
- Neighborhood designed around numerous parks with wide, curving streets plus bike lanes on some streets.
- Walk to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and Piedmont Park.
- Neighborhood shopping (Ansley Mall and Colony Square), many arts venues, Arts Center MARTA rail station, restaurants and clubs, many within walking distance.
- Ansley Park Civic Association – http://www.ansleypark.org/
$650,000 – $800,000: In this price range, you should be able to find a good starter home in Ansley Park. It will typically be a 1920s-50s cottage, bungalow or ranch style home with 2 or 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The lot sizes will vary as does the parking situation. Generally there is off-street parking and it could be a parking pad or a garage. Homes in this price range may require some work or updating.
$800,000 – $1,200,000: In this price range, you’ll find medium sized 2-story homes or larger bungalows from the 1920s – 1940s with 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. These homes will generally be renovated and if a bungalow may include an upstairs addition. Again, in Ansley Park there are very few lots that are”typical”in size, shape or topography and very often this will dictate the parking situation.
$1,200,000+ : In this price range, you’ll find a variety of homes, some built in the early 1900s and some new or more recent construction which span traditional to contemporary in styling. As mentioned above, Ansley Park lots vary in size as does location within Ansley. Direct views onto one of Ansley’s many parks usually command a premium.
$600,000 – $750,000: In this price range, you can probably find a 3-4 bedroom, 2-3 bathroom home. It will probably be a spacious brick ranch built in the 1950s. A lot of these homes have very generous lots and many have a daylight basement. Typically you will get a 2 car garage or carport. At the lower end of this price point the house will probably need renovation. At the higher end of this price range you should have a more recent renovation and possibly an upstairs addition. If the home backs up to the Ansley Golf course, then you will obviously be paying a premium for the lot itself.
$750,000 – $2,000,000: At the lower end of this price range, you should find a larger and usually renovated 1950s ranch with 4-plus bedrooms and 3-plus bathrooms, often with an upstairs addition. It typically comes with covered parking and lavish landscaping. A good number of homes in Sherwood Forest feature swimming pools.
At the higher end of this price range you will probably get new construction or an addition to an existing structure which may as well be considered new construction. These are typically traditional on the exterior but may be either traditional or contemporary on the interior. Large homes with very high-end finishes, 4 or 5 bedrooms, 3 or 4 bathrooms, finished basements, 2-3 car garages, wonderful landscaping and sitting on a very generous-sized lot.